Thursday, July 25, 2013

Finding Contentment



My husband and I were just discussing whether or not to sell our slowly dying car or "ride it out" a little longer. This discussion happened on the way to church.

During one of the lessons at church this Bible verse was read:
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.  - Philippians 4:12-13
As if a ton of bricks hit me, I realized once again how God truly blesses us. He provides for our needs and according to his own plan, some of the wants as well. The hardest part is trusting that he's in control.

I was ready to go out a buy a car that day but my husband was not. These words spoke to us, told us to carefully consider what God has placed us as stewards of. So at this time we are saving as much money as we can for the new-to-us car and considering our options for selling the car to get the most benefits from what we have.

"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need."
- The Rolling Stones